04 December 2010

[insert your favourite cliché about beginnings]

In the interest of saving time, to get started without several posts composed purely of (the admittedly requisite) backstory, I'll tell you this about myself:

Often enough, "I'll go to Fairway tomorrow" turns into "shit, I haven't bought groceries in two weeks" turns into "FreshDirect it is... what do you mean, it can't be delivered today?"

Now you know things about me! Whatever else you extrapolated from that anecdote, I think it's obvious I have a penchant for procrastination and live in New York. In fact, I celebrated my 22nd birthday here last month, just like I'd always assumed I would. However, I could never have predicted the context.

For the past four years, I've been here:


Montréal, any given day between November and March.

Based on those numbers, I wouldn't blame you if you logic-ed it out and concluded that I've graduated from college and am still adjusting to the Real World, where I am neither supposed to treat my apartment like a giant walk-in closet nor display empty bottles of alcohol like hunters' trophies.


Nope, still at it!

Alas, that's not the case. I'm currently on leave from school because I was too stubborn to take off last year and so screwed it up. Even though I needed this break, I hope to be back in class by summer term because my current situation is transient and I feel like my life is on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment